Cold Weather Gear List
- Sleeping Bag
Fleece Sleeping Bag Liner or Extra Blanket (Strongly Suggested)
- 20-30 degree or lower rated bag is best.
- To provide an extra degree of warmth for your sleeping bag, it strongly suggested you bring either a fleece liner or heavy blanket.
Boots and Shoes
- A simple foam pad is a must to help insulate from the cold ground.
- Air pillow, optional item.
- A well broken in pair of waterproofed boots are recommended.
- Lightweight pair of gym shoes is great for around camp and ride home
- A one liter or 32 oz Nalgene bottle is best.
Insulating Top Layer (Winter Jacket and Ski Pants if Available)
- Rain Jacket and Rain Paints, no poncho
- Both should be waterproof and made from breathable and lightweight materials.
Ski type pants or rain pants can be used
- Heavyweight hooded winter jacket
- Needs to provide insulating layer and should provide warmth down to 20/30° F
Personal Clothing (Shirt, Pants, Under Garments and Headwear)
- Nylon type material to hold in heat and keep moisture and cold out.
Miscellaneous Personal Items
- light weight fleece jacket or sweet shirt (extra layer)
- T-Shirt, Synthetic Blend
- shirt Long Sleeve, synthetic material is best if available
- Long Pants, synthetic material is best if available
- (2 pairs) Long Underwear (Base Layer), synthetic material ((1) For sleeping (1) for day activity
- Pair hiking boot sock, heavy cushion bottom, should be either constructed of wool or synthetic blend
- Pair thin liner socks synthetic material is best if available
- heavy Knit cap, or a full face/head cover
- winter heavy gloves
- Hand warmer
- Mess kit
- Light weight Cup
- LED head lamp
- Personal first aid kit
- Personal hygiene items
- Scout book